THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:06:54 -0400
List members,

I posted awhile back, that adding an aspirin a day caused me to have
noticeable hyperthyroid symptoms almost immediately--within two days this
affect was seen.  Then, staying with it, my body balanced out within a week
or two.  Endo states this was due to protein binding of ASA, it will bind
with great affiinity to the thyroid receptors, freeing up more thyroid
hormone.

Doctor has ordered a strong NSAID for pleurisy-like pain.  It is Ketoprofen,
a capsule to be taken every 8 hours.

Does anyone know if it will have the same affect?  are all NSAIDS protein
bound to some degree?

thanks,
Holly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.