THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andre Shirley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:17:23 +0200
HI all,

Just returned from an annual visit to my doctor. He has some interesting
things again...

I am usually on active T3 - 52.7mcg x twice daily, and Eltroxin (T4) of .5g
once a day. Even though I feel good, I've noticed that I was getting the
dreaded "middle age spread" - even though I was eating and exercising as per
usual.

My doctor - who uses the Wilsons protocol - has now come up with giving his
patients a T2 pill. He has changed my dosage to T3 = 45 mcg twice daily, T2
= 125mcg twice daily, and Eltroxin still .5g once daily.
What happens in the body is that your thyroid converts iodine to T4, then T4
converts to T3, and T3 converts to T2.

T3 gives you energy.
T2 burns fat.

I have been on the T2 for a week now, and still feel good, even though my
T3's have been lowered. I will monitor my fat content and centimetres as
more time develops.

Anybody else out there that knows anything more about T2?

Warm regards,

Andre

IANTD Southern Africa
Andre Shirley
+27 82 650 2294
Don Shirley
+27 82 650 2279
www.iantd.co.za

P Please save a tree. Keep this email on softcopy.

Checked by AVG.
08:10 PM

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!