THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charles VanderVeen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:16:41 -0400
Dave

What that antibodies number means is that you have shown a positive result
for the thyroid antibodies which indicate that your hypothyroidism is
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. What that means for you is that your thyroid
numbers may fluctuate over time as your thyroid goes through periods when it
is under more or less of an attack by the antibodies your body has developed
against it.

By current standards, that tsh is high and thus you should be treated for
hypothyroidism. Normally that would be a T4 supplemet.

Chuck

> Everyone:
>
> I would like to get advice on options for treating
> subclinical hypothyroiditus.  Here is my situation as far as
> bloodwork is concerned:
>
> TSH      5.18
> Free T3  Normal
> Free T4  Normal
> Antibodies       662
>
> I am not sure what the 662 means or what scale this is, but
> the doctor herself said that this was quite positive and she
> wanted to initiate some treatment in terms of a very
> conservative hormone supplement.  She said there was nothing
> you can do about the antibodies.
>
> I recognize that the final decision on this will be with my
> doctor -- I just want to know if there are alternatives at
> this point that I can research a bit further.
>
> Thanks -- dave

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.