THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:09:21 -0400
>From:    Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>

Are some kinds of pain associated with too much
>T3 in the system?

Increase in thyroid medication doesn't always feel better, even if you need
the increase.  A few years ago when I increased, I felt like I could hardly
talk and my left arm went numb.  I didn't like the feeling at all, so I went
up another grain the next day.  (The aggressive approach, which isn't always
correct.)  Anyway, I felt much better doing that and I could speak normally
again.  However, the left arm has been numb ever since.

I remember the numbness from my childhood.  It's kind of like with low
thyroid I couldn't tell the arm bothered me because the senses weren't
working properly.  I remember as a little boy walking through the store with
my mother, the arm would be numb, and as a teenager when I went hiking.
But, I didn't feel if for a very long time before that thyroid increase, and
I didn't really mind.

So, sometimes it restores our senses and we know we're in pain we didn't
notice so much before.  Doc Don mentioned when people get treated, they
suddenly complain a lot more.

Hopefully, your pain is only temporary.

Skipper

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!