THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex DeJesus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:21:42 -0400
I had a bad parathyroid removed in May. Three months later I still have all
the symptoms of parathyroidism: fatigue, depression, memory and focus,
digestive problems, etc. No weight gain or loss.

Thyroid labs within normal ranges except a single nodule biopsy showed
Hashimoto's disease and a slight goiter.

TSH = 0.9 (normal is 0.4 - 6.0), T4 = 6.5 (normal is 4.5 - 12.0),
T-uptake = 30%, Free Thyroxine Index = 1.95,
Free T3 = 354 (normal range is 230-420),
Free T4 = 1.0 ng/dL,
Thyroglobulin antibodies is at upper limit of 20 IU/ml, and TPO AB is less
than 10.

From these numbers it seems the thyroid is putting out normal values despite
a rather low TSH from the Pituitary. It seems my doc is downplaying the
Hashimoto's and is treating me for sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I am on
Synthroid for six weeks with no discernible benefit. However, I notice my
body temperature has dropped since I started the meds. I consistently run
97.2 instead of the normal 98.6.

I have notice a few posts about Wilson's protocol having something to do
with body temperature. Will someone please explain?

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!