THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:11:23 -0500
I have been found to have low thyroid binding globulin.  Can anyone tell me
the implications of this?  Searching on it does not bring much up-I read
that often Total T3 would run a bit low, and that the body will adjust for
it to maintain homeostasis.  Then, we don't go by T3 labs as much, is that
right?  What about TSH, is that an accurate 'picture' of our thyroid hormone
needs in low TBG, or is it falsely raised?

My total T3 has run low for years, while free T3 has been fine.  Now maybe
we know why?

thanks

Holly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.