THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:46:37 -0600
Hello Andre and Listers,
You're lucky that your country has available slow-release T3.  I know
in some countries, that is impossible to get.  In the U.S. it is
difficult, expensive and not covered by insurance.  Fewer pharmacies
are doing any compounding.  Where I live in central Missouri, near a
city close to 100,000, there was only one pharmacy that did
compounding and they stopped doing so.  There is a compounding
pharmacy in St. Louis and I might consider ordering from them.

I'd be curious to hear from others who are using slow release
T3.  And if most are using a T4 product at the same time.  Best regards,
Susan

>As I don't live in USA, we don't have Amour. I'm actually GLAD
>because I use a T4 pill and a T3 pill - and therefore I only worry
>about the dosage once at the beginning of taking them.
>The T4 I take is in the form of Eltroxin, and the T3 is a
>slow-release T3 that a compound pharmacy makes up. You take it
>exactly every 12 hours. There's no fine-tweaking of 1.2 grains of
>this, and 3/4 grains of that. And it's an organic (not synthetic) product.
>Perhaps those of you who are having trouble fine-tuning your usual
>dosage should investigate this method?
>
>Warm regards,
>
>Andre Shirley

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!