THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 02:53:55 -0400
Greetings to all!

I am 53 (male), and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 1997.  Since 2001, I have been on a treatment protocol of sustained-release T3.  While I have throughout my life "run hot," (as did my mother, who says she also used to sweat excessively), I have of late experienced increasing frequency of and severity in my episodes of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), chiefly on my face and neck.  It is usually brought out by eating or drinking something hot (temperature-wise, not spicy), or even being in a room warmer than the one I just left.

It has gotten very noticeable of late.  I first noticed it in Jan. of this year, and started to "cycle down" on the SR-T3, to the point where I am currently taking 22. 5 mcg (twice a day), which is less than a fourth of what I was taking at the beginning of the year.  [I don't know if this is relevant, but I have also learned that I am acidotic -- with a urine-pH of 5.0 -  5.8, and some suggested I might also have candida].

Like many of you, I dread the thought of seeing an endo, but I am at loose ends.  Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get info or what (other) type of doctor one can consult about this?

Thanks and best wishes.

Edward Reisman

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]