THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:39:11 -0700
Hi, David,
Welcome to our group.  When I first went to the dr.
about my thyroid, my levels were a 6 and I showed
classic symptoms of Hashimoto's.  However, the dr.
didn't treat me because a subsequent test showed my
levels to be lower.  They fluctuated, like yours did.
By the time I returned to the doctor a year later, my
levels were at 11, and I was extremely sick--I can't
tell you how sick and miserable I was.  My enlarged
thyroid was now a goiter.  This doctor's nurse told me
that a level of 6 was a definite indicator for
medication and much of my misery could have been
prevented.  I have been on synthroid ever since and
will be for the rest of my life.  I do not mind taking
a tiny little pill every morning, especially when I
recall how unbearable life was before the meds.  I
must admit that it doesn't cure me and doesn't take
away every symptom of thyroid disease, but it does
allow me to live my life.
I hope this helps you.  I have read some things about
natural "cures" or treatments, but since Hashimoto's
is an autoimmune disease, where the body attacks
itself, I have not found any foods or herbs that can
stop that process, although some do help in other
ways, like giving you more energy and helping with
weight control.
Take care and good luck.
Sincerely,
Nancy Gonzalez

Got a little couch potato?

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.