THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:33:29 -0500
Hello
I am new to the group and I am sure this question has been asked before........
I have read in nutritional books to avoid antihistamines if your hypothyroid.  Does taking antihistamines block the absorption of iodine?  And if it does......can anyone point me in the correct direction for some hard facts  I can take to my doctors appointment.

Some history.......
I started taking Zyrtec in 1998 for allergies and in 1999 when I with to the doctor for.......out of the blue, had no idea where it came from, depression!  I am not a unhappy person.  My doctor ran a blood test and says "oh, your hypothyroid", that's why your depressed.
Please help me on finding facts a doctor will take notice of.

Thank you in advance,
Polly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.