THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:52:26 -0500
I am soooo frustrated!  I am currently on treatment for hypothyroid (and I
have been for 3 years), but I have never had much success with weight
loss.  Like many others, I have tried just about all of the available diet
plans.  Most recently, I did Atkins.  I felt absolutely awful, and I
didn't lose any weight.  I don't struggle with portion control or making
good choices, but I do struggle to regularly exercise.  Even when sticking
to that, however, I have not lost any weight.  I refuse to accept that I
might be obese for my entire life, but it's starting to look very grim.  I
recently switched from Armour throid to compounded T3 and I am gradually
increasing my dosage.  I am hoping that it might be possible to shed some
weight when I have reached my optimal level of meds.  I know that I am
probably a metabolic mess, but I am open to any and all suggestions that
might help me win this battle with my weight.  I want to live long enough
to see my grandchildren some day!  It's hard to image that's possible as a
morbidly obese woman.  What more can I do?

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!