THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 00:08:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/2007 10:28:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I have  had high blood pressure for many years also. I'm 50 now and also
suffer from  the lipid level prob. ........Please and Thanx, Bogie  >>>>
Bogie,

Congratulations! You have been drafted into the Thyroid Wars. These are the
battles that all of us with thyroid problems fight to get good care for our
thyroid problems.

On the bad side: You will probably be exposed to unthinking, uncaring, and
uninformed docs by the dozens who may insult your intelligence, give you plenty
 of wrong answers, and charge you and arm and a leg for this  dubious
privilege .

You may be exposed to Idolater Endo's who worship at the shrine of TSH, and
ignore the suffering of their patients.

And if you show signs of being informed and intelligent, your friendly
family doctor may turn into a defensive, hostile person who is afflicted with  that
sometimes fatal (to patients) disease:The Man Thing. That means that he is
not allowed to admit that anyone else in the universe has brains. (Women doc
tors  can get it,too.)

On the positive side, any battles you win will not only bring glory and
rewards to you and your loved ones; but they  will also help every poor  soul who
follows with the same problems.

You may also get to meet some of the brightest and best informed people one
could ever want to work with. I would trust most of my patients to regulate my
 thyroid replacement, before I would trust the vast majority of docs in this
town.

With luck, you may find a doc who has had thyroid problems and who realizes
that looking at the lab is not as good as looking at the patient; and some of
us  have even gone into Recovery for the The Man Thing. With the proper care,
you  may regain your health and be startled by how seriously ill you were.
Improved  thyroid status brings improved brain function, and that increased
awareness can  be painful.

The connections between Elevated Cholesterol and Hypothyroidism as well as
between Heart Disease and Hypothyroidism has been known for over a hundred
years. High Blood pressure is sometimes the result of Hypothyroidism, as well.
Dr. Langer discusses this in the book: "Solved: The Riddle of  Illness." The
book is an excellent place to begin your Quest for  good care. You may begin to
grasp truths that run counter to a Medical culture  that values prescription
drug treatment, over treating the causes  of anything.

A prayer that you get all you need to get  well.

Doc Don

(AKA D. Michael, MD, PC; South Bend, Indiana)

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]