THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:21:55 -0400
Jennifer,

You have been through so much!

Have you described this episode, and how you currently feel, to a good
endocrinologist?

I have primary adrenal insufficiency.  I think I would get my vitals
checked, track them a bit right there at home.  Temperature, Blood pressure,
PULSE.

Is your heart rate higher than normal for you, bp normal to low? (low

cortisol causes this for me)    Are bp and pulse running low together?  (low

thyroid causes this for me)  Both high, I am usually a bit hyperthyroid.

Just some thoughts, not in any special order. with all things
thyroid-related, I find that my levels adjust over time.  Broad strokes of
the brush.  after a drop in levels, I go hypoT then body adjusts and I go a
bit hyperT, this lasts for a day or two, then I am leveled off.  With your
recent surgery, would your gland be producing a bit less thyroid?  Was any
iodine contrast used in a scan?  this also gives me the roller coaster ride,
hypo then hyper then normal.

Do you see improvement in how you feel, by now, or are symptoms worse?

If you want to ask for adrenal testing, a Free Cortisol level (not total!)
done at 8 AM, along with an ACTH level at the same time, would rule out
adrenal function being low.  Have you had any form of steroids lately?

Weaning off them first, then testing these, would make the most sense.

Hope it is just temporary, and that you feel well soon!

Holly