THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joan McPhee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:38:31 -0700
At 06:58 AM 10/3/2007, Holly Jagger wrote:
> Subject: thyroid/coumadin interactions
> Is anyone on Coumadin?  I may have to start it, due to the presence of
> antiphospholipid antibodies.  Wondering if there are any problems with
> thyroid hormone and warfarin therapy.  Also, with Addison's Disease, I take
> Cortef/prednisone and florinef.  Are there any interactions to be concerned
> about?

Holly, some coumadin interactions I know about, from:
[Natural Remedies and Supplements: Dr. Elvis Ali (ND), Dr. George Grant, Dr.
Gordon Ko (MD), Dr. Joseph Levy (PhD), Dr. Selim Nakla (MD), Dr. Alvin
Pettle (MD) - ISBN 1-886508-28-3]

* Coumadin can cause vitamin A deficiency

* Large amounts of vitamin C can reverse the anticoagulant properties of
Coumadin

* Coumadin can cause vitamin K deficiency

-- Joan McPhee, MH, WT
   mailto:[log in to unmask] --