THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andre Shirley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:14:30 +0200
Dear Khalilah,

I would just like to add the email KM sent. I was given NO choice regarding Graves, and my thyroid was destroyed using radiation pills. Subsequently, I now have to take not only the Thyroid medication, but also extra hormones, amino acids and more vitamins than I can swallow in one gulp - just to feel about 70% as well as I used to in the old days. So please use that as the very very last resort. Most doctors don't know what they're talking about, so please investigate further if any doctor tells you: "After radiation all your problems will be solved. Just keep taking this small little pill". This is NOT the case. The thyroid is responsible for so many things that even endocrinologists don't understand, so having it destroyed will not "solve your problems", it will only add more!

Warm regards,

Andre Shirley

+27 (0) 82 650 2294
Don Shirley
+27 (0) 82 650 2279
www.iantd.co.za
www.technicaldivingafrica.com
www.halcyonsa.co.za
 Please save a tree. Keep this email on softcopy.

>>Snip<<<

"The most common treatment in the U.S. tends to be partial or total
destruction of the thyroid gland, often by swallowing radioactive iodine, which
stops the hyperthyroidism but usually makes it necessary to take thyroid
hormones for the rest of your life.
once you are properly treated.