THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:44:30 -0400
>From:    Charles VanderVeen <[log in to unmask]>

>You don't mention if you should still be producing T4 and T3 on your own.
>If
>your SRT3 is a supplement to your own prosuction the T4/recerse T3 process
>could still occur in the T4 your body is producuing and thus change your
>levels and symptoms.

I would suspect the vast majority of patients on SRT3 actually have their
TSH suppressed.  Some people do just fine with TSH and T4 of -0-.  You don't
need T4 or TSH to live, they are not life giving hormones.  Only T3 is.
(Then why do I do better on Armour than SR-T3?  I have no idea.)

In a way it is Wilson's treatment.  In other ways, it's like the treatment
of John C. Lowe (The Metabolic Treatment of Fibromyalgia), who will give up
to 175 mcg of Cytomel to his patients.  However, he and Durrant-Peatfield,
though both are/were performing "alternative" type medical treatments
disparage Wilson's theory, as well as SR-T3 in general.  Derry simply said
SR-T3 wasn't useful for his patients.  But, for those who find SR-T3, and
really need it, it certainly is a blessing.

Skipper

The next generation of Search—say hello!
http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&FORM=WLMTAG

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]