THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seeking Diagnosis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:06:21 +0300
Is anyone familiar with excessive sweating as a symptom of
Hashimoto's? I developed Hashimoto's a little more than seven years
ago, and ever since then, even a slight uptick in temperature makes me
break out in sweat. Now that it's summer, I can't walk down the street
without getting totally drenched.

I've treated my hypothyroidism over time with Synthroid (137 MCG), T3
(100 MCG) and now Armour (4.5 grains). My T3 and T4 are both average
to high (but normal for an otherwise healthy young man in his 20s). I
stress that the sweating accompanied the onset of other symptoms of
hypothyroidism and did NOT start when I began treating the
hypothyroidism (I can be sure because a period of two years elapsed
between those times).

If you aren't aware of a Hashimoto's- or hypothyroidism-sweating
connection, what about a connection between something that can cause
excessive sweating and that can also trigger Hashimoto's? Or a
connection between Hashimoto's and other linked medical conditions for
which sweating is a symptom?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help. I'm pretty much at my
wit's end, and it's progressed way beyond the point of a mere
inconvenience and into dangerous territory. I'm reluctant to walk my
dog outside during the daylight because I might lose so much fluid
from sweat that I'll dehydrate.

SD

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.