THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:49:20 -0400
 Doc Don wrote:

When the T3 in your blood gets too low, Deiodinase Enzymes (the  proteins
that convert T4 into T3) in the brain and heart get activated inside  those
cells.

So, you can get HIGH T3 inside the brain, because you are LOW on T3 in the
blood. So, you really might feel like you were "Hyper" again.   Insomnia which
is seen in Hyperthyroidism, is also seen in Hypothyroidism, and  even frank
Manic symptoms have been reported.

 Hey, Doc!? Do you have any cite(s) for that?? I would love to show it/them to some of the smarmy docs around here for whom (like those everywhere else, I suppose) lab #'s are the gold standard.

Best,

Edward Reisman

?

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!