THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:24:13 EDT
> From:   Theresa <[log in to unmask]>
>  This past August I was diagnosed with HYPERthyroidism.
> After some investigating it is my intention to try some natural remedies
> such as vitamins, amino acids, dulce, and other supplements.

My first question would be what lab tests were used to diagnose your
condition and what symptoms do you have?

Secondly, I'm not hyper but I've not heard of any natural cures.  However,
spinach, brocoli, cabbage, and soybeans all slow down thyroid function.  They
are called goiterogenic because this slow down can cause goiters to form from
the thyroid hormone being too low when people eat to many of these in raw form.
Cooking gets rid of this effect, except maybe in soybeans which have
anti-nutrient qualities anyway, and are primarily considered healthy because of good
public relations and lots of money spent to promote them.

Iodine used to be used to treat hyperthyroidism, but it may be tricky.

I see you did list your symptoms, but not your labs.  It's not unusual for
doctors to err in regard to diagnosis.  If for example, the only measure they
took was TSH, it hasn't been properly diagnosed.

Heat intolerance can be caused by hypo, hyper, or a heat wave, or by estrogen
problems.  My wife was on Seldane, Hismanal, Claritin, and then
Polyhistine-D.  Except for the Polyhistine they all caused heart palpitations.  Claritin
will also cause dry mouth, which seems to me might make a person feel heat
intolerant.

Not long after my wife went on claritin, she developed asthma.  Which makes
me wonder if so many people have developed asthma because they saw the Claritin
advertisements, asked their doctor for it, and that made them more prone to
asthma.  Things like that make lots of money for the medical establishment.
She spent years on allergy and asthma medications, but they went away with
thyroid treatment.

The old fashioned cure for allergies was to eat a little bit of honeycome
every day from local honeybees.  Some say it works, and it's certainly cheaper.

Typically a hyper person will not just have palpitations, but a rapid heart
rate.  I know Claritin causes heart palpitaions, I don't know if they are
temporary or not.

Skipper

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.