THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:15:44 EDT
Was "Can Hashimoto's disappear"

Thanks.

Skipper replied:  "Lowe's treatment, which is to give fibromyalgia sufferers
he deems to have peripheral resistance to thyroid hormone, up to 175 mcg of
Cytomel, does imply that some cell receptors or some other mechanism makes some
tissue resistant to T3, and this has to be overcome with large doses."

I was taking that much for a while (not because of Lowe but because that's
where I could reach the 98.something F temperatures) when I finally had a
noticeable breakthrough.  But the local doctor was too scared to treat me with that
amount plus high cortisol -- after I demanded that it be tested, so he missed
the event.  I am able to take less Cytomel now -- for the past month.  Yay!

And searching for a local doctor who knows how to integrate various systems
like adrenal and thyroid and pituitary, pays attention to personal and
ancestral medical history, and is capable of thinking and reasoning.  Is that too much
to ask?

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]