THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:19:47 -0400
Greg and List Members,

You wrote:

"Unless the gland is all gone-- it's better to leave the pituitary do its
control through the loop. I used to take T3 and I do it once in the morning
only. The half life is something like hrs. and this fits more to our daily
rhythm."

I appreciate the information, and would like my pituitary to do the
regulating, with my remaining endogenous function, to be sure.  Are you
suggesting, then, that I take 60 mg. Armour all at once in the morning?
(See the above quote, the half life is something like How many hours?  I
think the numerical value did not come through.)

Your remarks on insulin resistance ring true.  In my maternal grandmother's
family, there was a strong familial tendency to Diabetes type 2, insulin
dependent in later life. And with Polyglandular Syndrome type II, I also
must be watched for Diabetes Type I, autoimmune destruction of the cells.  I
have just had glucose tolerance test done, to help rule out even very early
glucose problem.  Happily that turned out negative, very good response.
(however, I did suddenly feel sweats and very dizzy, probably as the blood
sugar dropped about an hour later, perhaps that is the reason?)

I miss Skipper too, you are right, he would be all over this Armour dosing
question.

thank you

Holly

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!