THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:28:44 -0500
Hello list, I have spent the better part of the week reading the archives.  So
much info, so little time LOL.  Anyhow, my story is that I've had Hashi's
Hypothyroid for about 8 years (sorry, the memory was one of the first to go,
but thats pretty close).  While I'm one of the lucky few who has responded
pretty well to Synthroid; it's at least tolorable, but not optimal.

One of the more interesting details I've gleaned from the board is the
comments about avoiding fluroide.  I'm beginning to think that may be the
problem for recent set backs.  However, research seems to indicate I'm going
to be SOL, as I don't see it possible to completely stay away from it.  While I
can replace toothpaste (not many choices); and can (and have) replaced
drinking water; I think its going to require reverse osmosis to resolve all
cooking issues.  That still leaves the major issues of bath water; it certainly is
not cost effective to RO the whole house.  The research indicates fluride is
very easily absorbed through the skin; and I know for a fact that my system
readily accepts skin absorbtion of many things.

Not really expecting any answers to this problem, but thought I would throw it
out there to see if anyone has given any thought to it.  I suppose I could buy
gallons of distilled to bathe in, but that could get pretty costly fast.  Guess I'll
just have to settle for minimzing it.

Anyhow, keep up the good work, I look forward to monitoring the messages
and perhaps adding a few foods for thought myself.

Linda

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]