THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:58:06 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/2007 8:51:42 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

*
If my T4 is in the normal range, why should I  supplement it?  I am not
arguing with you -- just want to understand a  bit what is going on.  >>>>>
Far more important than the Lab's opinion on the quantity of a chemical  (T4)
in your blood is your health. If you are Hypothyroid, you should be  treated.
If not, there is no treatment for this necessary.  <<<<<

I have had the same doctor and blood tests about  every six months for the
past five years, so I am sure that this is a new  development.  Could this be
something that has been undetected for some  time?  >>>>>>
Your question is really, "How bad can lab work and medical care get?" If  you
poll this List Serve, I think you will find that there may not be a limit.
<<<<<

I have heard that natural replacement is  preferred over synthetic?  Does
anyone have some experience or advice on  this?  >>>>>
I usually take "Natural" to mean, "naturally present in the human body."  And
I usually take "Synthetic" to mean "manufactured in a laboratory." So, a
given thyroid replacement can be Natural and Synthetic like T3 or T4. Or it can
be "Natural" and not Synthetic, like Armour Thyroid.

Asking which, if either, is preferred is a lot like asking which tool is
preferred: It depends on the job you are trying to do. Or, in this case, it
depends on the Diagnosis. <<<<<

I hope  that you will not mind following up with me on these questions.

Actually, the whole purpose of this List Serve is for all of us to learn  and
teach. Asking questions is one of the best way to do those things.

Doc Don

(AKA D. Michael, MD, PC)

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!