THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:44:28 -0700
Dear Susan and Thyroid Folks,

It may be that your void Subject: line discouraged
replies. Please tell us the _topic_ of your message
on the Subject: line in the future. Just as an example,
your message could have used a Subject: like this:

 Subject: Hypothyroid replacement hormones?

Now, to your request for our comments...

> Is the prescription replacement a good idea for me?

I get the feeling you may not trust your health care
provider. If so, hire a new health care provider, without
delay. Your health may depend on working closely
with a health care provider that you trust.

Replacement?

In this discussion group, we have many times heard
from folks who feel that they need thyroid hormone
replacement, but cannot convince their doctor
to provide prescriptions for thyroid hormone
replacement. Some people have even gone around
the broken system and obtained thyroid hormone
replacement drugs *without* a prescription.

Health

What really matters is *your* health (not lab test
scores on a slip of paper). Are you feeling cold all
the time, especially when others are not cold?

Are you experiencing other hypothyroid symptoms
like hair loss, hair brittleness, hair thinning? Have
you lost the hair of the outer part of your eyebrows?

Do you feel drowsy during the day, even after
sleeping 8 hours the night before? Weakness?
Lethargy? Do you have problems with dry skin?

Many More Symptoms

Skipper has several times posted an enormously
long list of possible thyroid-related symptoms. You
can probably find them in the Thyroid Archives.

Many of the possible symptoms are NOT obviously
connected to thyroid health, until you understand
your own health very well.

Many of the possible symptoms are NOT 100%
indicators of HYPO or HYPER, and can actually
occur in both HYPO and HYPER states. In this
way, these symptoms lists should be seen as items
to look at, and to look for, to gain a full understanding
of the state of your health. One or two symptoms,
in isolation, could easily send you (or an ignorant,
lazy or greedy health care provider) in the wrong
direction, if you don't look at the whole situation.

Too many doctors today are lazy and greedy. These
doctors may try to treat your thyroid condition WITHOUT
regard to your health, but, instead they will attempt
to look at your pituitary gland (your TSH level) and
IGNORE your actual thyroid gland output (T3, T4)
AND they often also attempt to ignore your thyroid-related
symptoms. There is a special place in hell reserved
for these hypocritical jerks, and the unnatural torture
they do to their patients will be their ticket to that
reserved area. Some of them have actually come to
believe the pseudoscientific sophistry that they hear
from special interests (people who make money and
accrue power from the broken system as it is).

I hope this helps.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Arthritis ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/arthritis/index.html
Latex Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/rubber/index.html
Thyroid ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.