THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:45:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/2007 7:40:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I  take  supplements
available thru Dr. Wilson's site, his Adrenal  Rebuilder formula is  pork
based,
the supplements my ND prescribed  where bovine which I am allergic  to.

Adrenal Fatigue is surprisingly common in Hypothyroidism (one more thing
that they forgot to teach me in Medical School). Hallmark of the combination is
that the thyroid replacement either doesn't work at all, or there are thyroid
overdose symptoms on a very low dose of thyroid replacement.

I started treating with Hydrocortisone, 5-10 mg. three times a day after
meals. Later, I learned about Adrenal Extract which (Adrenal Fatigue) Wilson
strongly endorses.

IMHO (in my humble opinion), Hydrocortisone works a lot faster and is more
effective for most people; but the Adrenal Extract really contributes to
adrenal recovery.

At the A4M (American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine) conference in Chicago  3
weeks ago, I got to meet Jacob Teitelbaum, MD. ("From Fatigued to
Fantastic") He formulated "End Fatigue Revitalizing Sleep  Formula" which he strongly
recommends. I have started using it for my  patients, and I'll let everyone know
how it works.

Teitelbaum has also become a strong advocate of ribose for  all his Chronic
Fatigue patients. I started a  Hypothyroid-Adrenal Fatigue patient on that
because the other measures  still left her very fatigued.  Ribose forms part of
the "backbone" of DNA  and RNA, as well as forming an important part of ATP (The
major energy currency  of cells.) Again, I'll keep the Group posted.

The most impressive (to me) thing that Wilson said was, "Hydrocortisone is
NOT the cure for adrenal fatigue. Changing your life is the cure for Adrenal
Fatigue."

Basically, he seemed to feel that the hydrocortisone would just buy time  for
the Adrenals to heal themselves. I guess that's the best that good Medical
care can do for anything.

Doc Don

(AKA D. Michael, MD)

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]