THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:42:28 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2009 12:23:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I'd be  curious to hear from others who are using slow release
T3.  And if  most are using a T4 product at the same time.  Best  regards,
Susan  >>>>>
I've been on sustained release liothyronine (SRT3) for years. I feel better
now than I did in my 30's and 40's (I'm in my 60's); my lipid  profile is much
better than it was 14 years ago; and I never did well  for an extended time
on the same dose T4, Armour, or Thyrolar. I  have been on essentially the same
dose of SRT3 since I initially found the level  I needed, with only minor
increases in the winter. I sometimes, half jokingly,  tell patients that, "They
can take my thyroid medicine away from me...when they  pry it out of my cold,
dead fingers." Life with adequate thyroid activity is  really essential for any
kind of happiness.

When I first read about Wilson's (thyroid) Syndrome, I thought it was
nonsense. Now, I'd estimate that 20-30% of my patients do well on a  protocol using
the SRT3 that Wilson recommends. Wilson is a  genius; but, once more,
Mainstream Medicine ignores the obvious in favor  of the profitable.

While not everyone needs SRT3; when it is indicated, NOTHING else works as
well. Of all the thyroid replacements that I have used in my practice, I have
had the fewest difficulties with SRT3. Usually, when SRT3 is indicated, T4 is
not.

Remember, nothing is as expensive as inadequate health care. You may want  to
look into a larger insurance deductible with a Health Savings Account to pay
for your SRT3 with the money you'll save on health insurance premiums.

A prayer that you get what you need to get well.

Doc Don

(AKA D. Michael, MD, PC)
Mishawaka, IN

headlines. (http://news.aol.com?ncid=emlcntusnews00000002)

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]