RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:28:08 EST
Sorry, sent that last one by accident...

I was saying, they are all considered frugivores except the folivorous
gorillas.   How can it be that with a digestive tract identical to theirs,
they are frugivores, and we are omnivores?   We don't produce uricase, as the
omnivores do, our dental formula is different from theirs, our saliva has an
alkaline reaction (to initiate digestion of starches in unripe fruit) rather
than the acid reaction of omnivores, our vision is forward rather than
stereoscopic, our intestines are longer, and not smooth, our stomach acid is
much weaker, etc., etc.

In origin of the species, Darwin said "Man is a frugivore", and no sound
science has ever given credible evidence to the contrary.   Johns Hopkins
researchers came to the same conclusion in the 60's.

Statements from any number of people won't convince me, Rick.   We simply
don't have the physiology to safely consume meat.   As I mentioned before, T.
Colin Campbell, phD, of Cornell U and author of the China Study said that his
research shows that even tiny amounts of animal products dramatically raise
rates of cancer and heart disease.

I've counseled tons of people over the last ten years to higher health
through a vegan diet, and have lived it myself for almost 18.

Namaste,

Loren