RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:05:45 -0500
I became interested in raw foods after reading Norman Walker's books.
He
included raw dairy and eggs yolks in his diet.  Other authors promoted
raw
vegan diets.

Since I couldn't get raw dairy here in New Jersey and I didn't really
care
for the taste of runny eggs, I tried to go raw using vegan recipes.

One day last year I decided to try a couple of raw organic fertile egg
yolks after reading "The Ultimate Diet" by Stanley Bass.  I still
wasn't too
crazy about the taste but I felt great all day.  Especially since I
was
weight lifting and playing softball at the time.

This feeling was similar (maybe even better) to the feeling I get when
I'm
juicing (mostly greens and some carrots) on a consistant basis.  I
felt
stronger and more grounded.  This is similar to what I hear people
mention
when they add raw meat to their diet.

I also had some the next day but I never really got back into eating
eggs
(don't ask me why).  I have eaten raw cheese but I don't get the same
effect.  I've always like cheese but I feel that when I include it in
my
diet I tend to overeat it.  I usually start getting mucus in the same
day
from the cheese.

Keith