RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:08:18 -0500
I find it remarkable that they experienced the health improvements
after only 12 days. - Janet

Human guinea pigs eat "ape diet" for 12 days, experience remarkable
health improvements

In a British experiment filmed for television, nine volunteers agreed to
set-up camp in a zoo and eat an ape's diet for 12 days. The goal of the
experiment was to create a visual documentary of the types of
reactions that
would take place from giving up standard processed foods in favor of
a diet
eaten for hundreds of millions of years by our ancestors. The diet
included
2,300 calories of fruits, vegetables, nuts and honey each day. Fish
oil was
introduced part way through the experiment to reflect a hunter-
gatherer's
diet.

Once getting over withdrawal symptoms from caffeine and excitotoxins
in their standard diets, the volunteers reported increased energy
levels.
Experiment volunteers all lost weight and substantially decreased
cholesterol and blood pressure levels.

EVO DIET: WHAT THEY ATE
-5kgs or 2,300 calories of fruit, vegetables, nuts and honey
-On a 3-day rotation, typically: broccoli, carrots, radishes, cabbage,
tomatoes, watercress, strawberries, apricots, bananas, mangoes,
melons, figs,
plums, satsumas, hazelnuts

Learn more: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_3847.cfm