RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J & K Whitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 07:23:45 -0500
Thank you, I do not why that was posted either but ironically I have been
studying GM and the effects on the economy for my college class and labeling
laws (or lack thereof) for a professional persuasive speech in my business
speech class in college. I questioned the title of "positive health effects"
and I could only read the abstract (did not login for more). What are the
positive health benefits? Has some long-term study proven this rice is
better for you and does not reactivate or recombine within the bodies DNA or
bacteria in the gut? On a side note, I could not remember Manasobu Fukuoka's
name and was thrilled to see it. We thought we may try to grow some of our
own food again this year.

We have recently become 100% organic to reduce exposure to GMO's in our
diets. I have a question regarding hot peppers. I never see any organic
jalapenos, cayenne, Serrano, or other peppers in markets or stores in Texas.
Currently these are not GE foods but are they naturally pest resistant,
therefore, no incentive to certify them organic? I plan to grow my own again
this year but wondered if anyone had any insight. TIA

Walk in Harmony and Leave a Light Footprint,

Kendra Whitson
NeanderTwin