RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:50:44 -0700
I won't claim to fully understand the post either - however...  it would
seem that our internal bacterial (et al?) ecosystem is vital to our good
health and provides a more-or-less symbiotic relationship with each of
us.  To me this means that I don't ever want to intentionally kill those
internal bacteria (never will use antibiotics knowingly) and, further,
that I want to properly "feed" them (and, thus, me) through careful
decisions about my diet.   I do not care if there is dirt (with
attendant, living microbes) on my vegetables; mould on my berries, etc.
Though not germane to the specific topic at hand,  I try to preserve the
external bacteria on my skin by bathing only in plain water (water is an
excellent solvent).  You might say that I have a healthy respect for all
the microbes that inhabit my body.

I am keenly interested in Tom's perspective.

Regards,

-=mark=-