RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beatrice Reusch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:51:32 -0700
Thomas E. Billings wrote:

> Berkeley Bowl in Berkeley, California carries FRESH (never FROZEN)
> Durian. It
> costs about $4.59/pound.

Are you sure they are fresh? I seriously doubt the Bowl's freshness.
Here is why.

A few weeks ago I bought one there. I paid US $33 for just one durian.
I took it home. Days later, when it was starting to split open, black
mold started to show around its stem.
I think I am done buying durians at the Berkeley Bowl.
I have also seen molded coconuts in that particular store.

Looking forward to my next fresh durian,

Beatrice