RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:57:15 -0700
Hi Debbie -

There are several lists that cater to the raw-food lifestyle.  Some are
supportive and positive while others air widely differing viewpoints
(including negative comments about certain aspects of the diet).  Here
are a few that I usually peruse:

1. A more scholarly, academic, open-minded medical viewpoint:
[log in to unmask]    This isn't all about raw foods since
cooking is okay too here.  More about early humans and how they might
have eaten, etc.  For this list, which is run by a computer "major domo"
software system, you need to send them an e-mail request to subscribe to
their list.  I am not sure if the following information is accurate.
But try sending an e-mail to

[log in to unmask] and include in the Subject line and in the body of the note the words:

SUBSCRIBE PALEOFOOD

Hopefully that will work.  If not, let me know and I'll do some
digging.  You can send the command "HELP" in the subject and body and
that might supply you with instructions on how to subscribe.  Since you
all subscribe through the major domo here anyway - someone might come to
my aid and correct any mistakes I've made.

2.  Aajonus Vonderplanitz wrote a couple of books on how he healed his
cancer, meningitis, etc., using raw foods only: "We want to Live" and
one other book of raw-food recipes and specific diets for specific
ailments (write me again if you want but cannot find this second book).
The first book is apparently due for reprint very soon.  Aajonus lives
near me, I know him, and he is a nutritional counselor licensed here in
California to practice nutritional guidance.  He has amazing stories and
I know many people here who follow his guidelines and achieve miraculous
results (cancer, horrible lacerations, systemic troubles, etc.).  This
is a focused list and mostly supportive of his concepts.  This is a
hard-core raw-food list - and people usually are at or near (or trying
to avoid) death's door when they finally go to see him (the majority
survive nicely after adjusting their diets).  He provides counseling for
a fee and he travels to lecture/counsel around the U.S.

[log in to unmask] - this is a standard Yahoo Group - go to
Groups.Yahoo.com, find that "PrimalDiet" list and subscribe to it.

3.  Another Yahoo Group: [log in to unmask] - same instructions
for Yahoo Groups.  This group has more diversity, doesn't always agree
with Aajonus' ideas, has supporters and detractors.  But it is chock
full of information - especially in the archives.  Also contains lots of
"new age" dietary flights-of-fancy (some good ones too).  Lively and
widely diverse in ideas and opinions.  Not too focused - but well worth
it.  Must sift through the chaff to find the nuggets of gold.

4. Another Yahoo Group: [log in to unmask] - Raw Animal and
Vegetable Foods - same support of Aajonus' ideas, but much more
supportive and less active, fewer detractors.  Moderated by a local lady
I know - we are all raw food eaters in the L.A. area and purchase raw
foods at a local, small co-op run by another raw food eater.  More
esoteric, if you will.  Still, worth looking through occasionally.
These are well-focused notes and excellent for a first time reader.  Not
much breadth yet (as it is fairly new) but good depth.

5. [log in to unmask] - Another Yahoo Group list.  I think
this is loosely based on Sally Fallon's book "Nourishing Traditions" - a
cookbook.  So this isn't about raw foods, but has good information on
traditional diets, foods, health, concepts of fermenting foods, etc.
It's a good balance to understand that point-of-view.  Some of the
dietary guidelines can be incorporated into a raw-food diet too.

I have probably 10 or more books devoted to the concepts of raw food
eating and/or healing using traditional, folk methods.  If anyone is
interested I will put together that list and send it forward.

Best regards,

-=mark=-