RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:01:27 -0800
> Date:    Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:31:08 -0500
> From:    Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: thyroid problems
>
> I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto disease by an alternative doctor
> who claims to understand the subtle problems of thyroid disorder often
> gone undiagnosed by other doctors.
>
> she's prescribing synthroid 25mcg which she says is a very small amount.
>
> does anyone here have experience or knowledge with this condition and this
> drug?
>
> Lucia

Dear Lucia,
Generally when people are detoxing as a result of nutritional changes
for
the better, the sympathetic nervous system is reved up and there is an
increase in metabolism due to excess release of adrenaline. This can
affect
the functioning of the thyroid gland. People generally see a doctor
when
they are having symptoms, ie when they are experiencing detox crises..
was diagnosed hypothyroid for this reason and offered medication. But
as
my body became cleaner through nutritional changes, my symptoms faded
and
so also did my thyroid problems. I can't say whether your problem is
due
to this and have no advice about the synthroid-- it could be a problem
directly with the thyroid, but it's possible it will just disappear as
you
become healthier through diet. A release from these problems also can
happen
when people do the work of clearing
out the nervous system by releasing and redirecting negative emotions.
If
you are intereseted, see the section called Neurogenic disorders in my
article
on the biology of emotional disorders. As I remember you already have
read the
article.

http://pages.nyu.edu/~er26/depression.html

Ellie

Self help for depression is on:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clearpathway/depression.html
The same article entitled Self help for addictions is on:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/2579
The longer version entitled Self help for emotional disorders is on:
http://pages.nyu.edu/~er26/depression.html