RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 15:09:49 -0400
re:   peanut milk.

ingredients do not state it is from raw peanuts.  it says 'fresh'
peanuts.  u can have fresh roasted peanuts.

does not state organic either.

they add sugar.

contains natural flavors - what does that mean?  according to labeling
laws, u can term msg 'natural flavors'.

what kinds of herbs and spices are added?  r they artificial?   what will
they use for irish creme flavor?  cremora?  nowhere does it state nor
artificial ingredients or chemicals r used.

2% whatever grains are around?

gross

madelyn

Ingredients: peanut milk (water and fresh peanuts); sugar; less than 2%
other grains (rice, barley and/or millet); herbs, spices and other
natural flavors.
On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:13:39 -0700 "Thomas E. Billings"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> A milk analogue made from raw peanuts is gaining popularity here in
> the San Francisco bay area, especially in the local Chinese
> community. Like wheatgrass, it has numerous healing testimonials.
> It is now being distributed commecially, and can be obtained at
> Berkeley Bowl in Berkeley, California.
>
> Info at:
> http://peanutmilk.net/en/       <- info in english; click on button
>                                    in upper left for Chinese or
> Spanish.
>
> Aflatoxin is always a concern with peanuts, but the manufacturer
> above claims to test for it and reject if the level is above 1 ppb
> (FDA limit is 20 ppb).
>
> What I find interesting is how healing stories are quickly creating
> a mythology for peanut milk that is similar to wheatgrass.  Of
> course, other diets have their mythologies as well, e.g.,
> macrobiotics
> makes many of the same healing claims as raw foods.
>
> PS this post is intended for informational purposes, not for
> commercial
> purposes.
>
> PS #2 permission is granted to cross-post this to other relevant
> boards.
>
> Tom Billings

"The most likely moment for something incredible to happen to me
was the moment I was most certain that nothing ever would"

           Jane Pauley