PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tommy Jonsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tommy Jonsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:29:18 +0100
Dear Mr Lyons,

I think that a structural difference between the two should be better recognized than seems to be the case: autism would be an aspect of monadic psychic structure, whereas AS could better be understood form considering dyadic structure. Both structures refer to subject rather than ego, as can easily be seen from the respective ways individuals can or must relate to speech and language.

This would mean that I recommend that we refrain from sticking to the idea that AS should be seen as a mlider form of autism: there is a qualitative difference too large between the two.

Sincerely yours,

Tommy Jonsson