PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Theaux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:54:18 +0100
to [log in to unmask]
CC [log in to unmask]

My dear colleagues,

   There is an investigation currently in
http://www.egroups.com/message/akhnaton/1011
   that you may be interested in contributing to.

   We know that Freud was very curious about the way Akhnaton behaved with
his father. As Karl Abraham suggested Akhnaton may have intended to kill his
father as Oedipus, yet in a symbolic way. In the refered post an
Egyptologist presents how this symbolic way could have been <<the expunging
of the name ot the Aton from his father’s cartouche.>>
   Beside, we know that another psychoanalyst has underlined the role of the
Name-of-the-Father in the Oedipus Complex.

   Thirdly, as you can see it on the hieroglyphs of a page (with French
commentaries) at:
http://www.dnafoundation.com/members/akh/8artic/exosec.htm
   Akhnaton established a new cartouche for the Aton when he moved from
Thebes to Amarna and what he modified in the Amarnian version of the
cartouche was a limited part that some Egyptologists identify with the
Name-of-the-Father.

   This puzzle may be a good opportunity for psychoanalysis to prove its
scientific contribution in the knowledge of our memory and present beliefs.

               Dr. William  Theaux