PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:15:05 -0800
>From: Howard Eisman <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Reply to Cristina Elisa Moreira
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:20:43 -0500
>
>Cristina Elisa Moreira writes about my contention that thousands of
>families were hurt when therapists were "recovering" "repressed"  of
>putative infant and child sexual abuse:
>
> > It is not a serious afirmation.
> > Is it a "statistic research" of the psychoanalist  that of USA?
> > Is it a "statistic research" of the psychanalitic treatment in USA of
>the
> > century?
> > Which is the procedence of this information?
> > How many cases were considered to give such results?
> > Whis is the bureau that did this statistic?
> > Which is the criteria that followed who gave this information?
> > CRISTINA ELISA MOREIRA
> >
>Yes, indeed, it is a serious estimate. If you wish to get into the
>statistical details, please contact the False Memory Syndrome Foundation
>(FMSF.)  This organization has done considerable research on this issue
>and can give you all the information you requested.It is easily reached
>on the internet.
>
>Howard

Hello Cristina:
I'm sorry to keep bugging you, but have you found any information on ECT
dreams?  Even if you have never heard of such a thing in your practice, that
is useful information to me.
Anyway, it looks like Dr. Eisman is right again, as usual.  Psychoanalysis
is dangerous.  It is worse than dangerous.  It is upsetting to the lambs.
Maybe we should quit thinking about all these things and eat a pill.

Yours,
            Larry D. Lyons