PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Theaux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:11:21 +0100
This is answering Richard A Koenigsberg, and has been CC posted at an
scientific (egyptology) egroup - this science is today showing the very
presence of collective psychology in the link between psychoanalysis and
science.

-----------------------------------

   I have made a quick page to address questions by Daniel about
psychoanalysis and by psychoanalysts about collective psychology.
http://www.dnafoundation.com//regis/ce2001/culnat.htm

   It is pure psychoanalysis and it must be relinked to Akhnaton and AMO.
When I asked what was the riddle the Sphinx asked Oedipus I was not
expecting how Fred’s answer would help so well to make the link.
   According to Borges, the riddle is << What has one voice, and walks on
four legs in the morning, two at noon, and three in the evening?>> But then,
if Oedipus himself is the answer, how strange it is! Since Oedipus’ big
problem is to know ‘who’ is speaking.
   Oedipus’ voice says “Who I” - as mentioned earlier - when he rejoices:
“how could I have killed my father Polybus since I have left Corinth…” and
then, as noticed Fred, he takes the responsibility of the murder of Laius in
spite he was unconscious when committing the deed.

   So now, Borges’ riddle seems to show a beauty mark in the ‘voice’.

   If we add the Simurgh and the Eagle, we begin to find that in Oedipus
himself (in the Riddle) that voice is the Sphinx’s - and so it asks another
question; and this what I believe myself the riddle of the sphinx was:

To Be Continued at:
http://www.egroups.com/message/akhnaton/1088

               Dr. William  Theaux