PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald K. Routh" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:29:04 -0500
Dear listmates:

        I, too, do not see how a forum such as this can do what it should
without detailed discussion of cases in which all participants have access to
accurate information.  The alternative I would suggest is that at least some
of the discussion concern individuals who are no longer living.  In this way,
concerns about confidentiality would not get in the way of frank interchange.
In addition, there would not be need to obscure the case by including
fictional details that might distort the issues.  We could start with some of
Freud's cases, e.g. Bertha Pappenheim, about whom many details are now
available.

Don

Donald K. Routh