PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Buksbazen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:50:16 EST
Dr Eisman misrepresents my perspective.

I simply don't say what he attributes to me.

I do, however, question his certitude that he and those he selectively
accredits with being "scientists" have an indisputable corner on a truth
beyond subjectivity.

I also question the science underlying his contemptuous caricature of female
psychoanalysts with training as clinical social workers.

In my experience, psychoanalytic candidates from the clinical social work
discipline more than hold their own alongside their psychiatric resident
classmates, having generally had in fact more formal training and supervision
and more actual experience in the practice of psychotherapy than their
medical or, for that matter, their clinical psychology counterparts.

John Buksbazen
Southern California Psychoanalytic Institute