PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
michael kasdaglis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:47:10 -0500
Dear Sophie;

Your thoughts, analysis, and contributions were much appreciated,
especially since you found this listserv in the middle of some childish
play.  I am afraid I have not read your name prior to this E-Mail, and
would like to take this opportunity and say Welcome... and I hope you
will continue to join in our discussions.
In case you are wondering why I took it upon myself to say Welcome....
The name Sophie is repeated in our family once every two generations..
and my mom's name.... I guess that's it !!

Michael Kasdaglis
Sophie wrote;

I too have enjoyed the discussion.

     However, I think it's perhaps not quite as clear a dichotomy as
Paul
     suggests between seduction & and juridical restraint.  What's at
stake
     beyond desire--or as a modulator of desire--is the analyst's
ability
     to tolerate ambiguity & perhaps some future e........