PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Theaux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 17:11:55 +0100
I post this in
http://www.egroups.com/messages/akhnaton
   where some readers wonder what is my position regarding ‘Psychoanalysis’.
And at:
   a eList where some psychoanalysts express a guilt perplexity lately.

-------------------------------

Robert M. Galatzer-Levy wrote:
>Although I have devoted a great deal of time
>to trying to bring a scientific point of view to
>psychoanalysis

Howard D. Eisman wrote about Psychoanalysis
>Many of us are trying to stop it from dying.

   I don’t know if M.Galatzer has tried to bring psychoanalysis to a
scientific point of view (instead of bringing a scientific point of view to
it).
   For any scientific point of view that will be brought to psychoanalysis
will kill it – at least currently. For currently Psychoanalysis is still
operated by Renaissance Doctorship (i.e. doctors who are looking at things
that they call myth, as their former doctorship was looking at celestial
bodies as spirits or anima).

   Renaissance doctors at work had to prevent any belief that the celestial
bodies were made of matter. Today we have late Velikovky who demonstrated
(and published by 1960) that Oedipus was Akhnaton (i.e. an historical,
objective body); Renaissance Psychoanalysts still ignore the fact. They are
like historians who would see the Nazi mass killing as a myth (they repress
the drama that happened in Amarna/Oedipus kingship).
   We have even Freud who brought Moses so close to Akhnaton, while his
followers choose to keep a Middle-Age mentality (and continue to analyse
monotheism without looking at the myth they made of its ‘leader’ - what a
complex!). In fact, they prove that the theory was right which warns that as
soon as the Unconscious shows in a breach (as Freud acting his opening),
resistance will assault on it and close it with ‘asoterism’ (a symptom of
intellectualism).
   Then of course such esoteric psychoanalysis will die when a scientific
point of view will be brought over it. In counterpart a scientific
psychoanalysis will be and live healthy with notions as Moses and Oedipus
historically identified - as well as other crucial notions:

   Studies of chemistry will also make psychoanalysis as a living science
when prohibition, still upheld with inquisition doctors, will be clarified
so that the role of drugs and cocain in civilization and Freud’s thinking
will be scientifically managed.

   And thirdly Freud’s libido theory will be welcomed by geneticists who
need a sound reflection about reproduction. And this will also come when
psychoanalysts will cease grounding libido in a mythology.

   So if something is dying in terms of psychoanalysis, this is just its
Renaissance Inquisition Resistance form.

               Dr. William  Theaux
eMail Psychotherapy     &    Plural Analysis
       http://www.dnafoundation.com

Personal Historian
http://home.att.net/~w.theaux/

Dr. Theaux is a psychiatrist, ecologist and restorer of the doctrine of the
Art of Memory. He has been affiliated with the Lacanian School of
Psychoanalysis and the Foundation of Plural Analysis, studying the mystery
surrounding the three stages of the life of Akhnaton, who lived about
1000BCE (http://www.akhnaton.com). He has coined the name CYBEK, a
Cybernetic concept which describes the state of Plural Analysis
(http://home.att.net/~cybek/PluralAnalysis.htm).