PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
CRISTINA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:55:39 -0300
It is not a serious afirmation.
Is it a "statistic research" of the psychoanalist  that of USA?
Is it a "statistic research" of the psychanalitic treatment in USA of the
century?
Which is the procedence of this information?
How many cases were considered to give such results?
Whis is the bureau that did this statistic?
Which is the criteria that followed who gave this information?
CRISTINA ELISA MOREIRA

> Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of families, were broken up because
> the way the psychoanalytic concept of repression was used. I think that
> "dangerous" is an appropriate term to describe what happened.
>
> After that came repressed memories of abuse by satanic cults, patients
> who were supposed to have had dissociative identity disorders with (in
> many patients) literally thousands of alters.

In these cases, it is not the theory that is dangerous, but obviously its
application.
We should theorize why so many people got so stupid!  Perhaps, we should
look
more closely at our concepts of human nature.

Vunch

--part1_80.532afbe.278a2286_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 1/7/01