PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aner Govrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:33:33 +0200
                                           18.1.98
To:
Robert M. Galatzer-Levy, co-Chairs,
Fund for Psychoanalytic Research

Thank you for the information abour the fund.

         I am an Israeli citizen, working in Tel Aviv as a clinical
psychologist. I  am doing my Phd in Tel Aviv University in the Institue for
History and Philosophy of Science under the supervision of Dr. Jose Bruner,
who wrote various articles and books about Freud and psychoanalysis.

     My thesis is in Hebrew, but parts of it will be translated to English
and then sent to psychoanalytic journals.
 My Phd is about the influence of changes in philosophy thinking during the
20th century on psychoanalytic theory. I am trying to show that modern
theories in psychoanalysis (like self psychology and intersubjective), and
in fact, the whole shift from  classical theory to more modest and flexible
theories, did not evolve in a vacuum, but rather was deeply influenced by
changes in epistemology and philosophy of science.

   Last year I wrote an E-mail asking if I may apply. You kindly replied
that I may apply, although you explained the limitations of the fund to
researchers outside U.S.A.
As you instructed me, I sent a post to APA and asked for the application
form. Unfortunatly, I did not get any reply.

This year I would like to try again.

I would appreciate if you can instruct me the right way to do it.

Best Wishes,

Aner Govrin
Mapu 28
Tel Aviv 63434