PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:38:51 -0400
I would be interested in reading a copy of this talk.  How may I find
it?  Thank you, Dr. Ben Adams, psychoanalyst, NAAP

I was asked to give a talk to the distance learning MA students in
Psychoanalytic Studies at the Centre for Psychotherapeutic Studies,
University of Sheffield on 18 September. By the time I sat down to
prepare my remarks, my chosen topic (psychoanalysis and the history
of ideas) was hard to think about in the light of recent events. I
therefore wrote on fundamentalism and terrorism, drawing attention to
instances of them in the United States (lynching and white militias)
and reflecting on Bin Laden and Muslim fundamentalism.
I tried to bring concepts from the tradition of Klein and Bion to
bear on the dynamics of fundamentalism and terrorism.
Comments very welcome.

http://human-nature.com/rmyoung/papers/pap135.htm
Robert Maxwell Young
http://www.human-nature.com