PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Howard Eisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:01:02 -0500
Were I to require surgery, I would hope that the operation would be based on the
findings of that old nasty reductionistic empiricism. I'll bet that Dr. Hamburg
feels the same way. Were I to require a form of psychotherapy, should the
psychotherapy be based on looser standards that the surgery? Many Psychotherapists
would say, yes! it should. How would we feel if surgeons said the same thing.

Howard D. Eisman, Ph.D.