PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mkessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:00:57 -0400
The AKRI Leadership Institute in the Group Relations Tradition:
Authority in Transition
41st National Conference. June 18-25, 2005
<http://www.uvm.edu/%7Emkessler/akrice/leadership/li2005.html>

Primary Task of the Leadership Institute

...to experience, study, practice, and reflect on the emergence of
leadership and the exercise of authority in groups. Through the development
of a temporary institution, we will seek to learn about the interplay of
complexities within     ourselves, within our relationships, and within the
organizational systems in
which we live, work and love.

Introduction: What We Offer

The Leadership Institute offers opportunities to:

*       discover your characteristic and unique ways of leading
*       determine your responses to the leadership of others
*       experiment in the moment with new leadership skills

Our particular approach to leadership learning is through the Group
Relations perspective, which is characterized by the study of:

*       Authority: What happens when groups give power to me?
*       Role: How do I typically take up the tasks I'm given?
*       Task: How do we determine the true work of the group?
*       Boundaries: How do we manage our time, tasks and territory?
*       Unconscious Motivations: What remains hidden from view?
*       Group Focus: What is going on between the group and me?

APPLICATIONS
Please use the registration form
<http://www.uvm.edu/%7Emkessler/akrice/registration.html> .

MORE INFORMATION
More information may be obtained from:

Ms. Anne-Marie Kirkpatrick,
Administrator,
the A. K. Rice Institute for the Study of Social Systems
Post Office Box 1776
Jupiter, FL 33468

561-744-1350 Phone
561-744-5998 Fax
E-mail <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  [log in to unmask]

WEB Site
www.akriceinstitute.org