Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 05:35:59 -0500
--- William Closure <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I'm having a bit of trouble when I start my
> computer.  I get a message
> saying that a QRUNQ.DLL
> file was not found.  I went to my win 98 cd to see
> if I could extract the
> file with no luck.  I
> went to the internet to search for it, and came up
> with nothing.  Any
> suggestions on how I could
> get rid of this message?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> I have a more basic question than this.  Is there
> any way to find out what a
> particular file/program is?  In the above example, I
> would guess that the
> "run" means just that, although I could be dead
> wrong.  Perhaps the Q could
> refer to Quicken.  And, being rather inexperienced,
> the DLL means nothing to
> me, although most of you know.  This question arises
> every time I do an
> alt-cont-del to shut down unnecessary programs to
> free up system resources.
>
> So, are there any sites that can help me identify
> what all these
> hieroglyphics mean?
>
> William Closure

William

It would seem to me that this file belongs to a
program that you presently have in your startup, and
somehow this file got deleted. It is not a Windows
file. Try running the program that you think is the
problematic one and see if it runs. If you get that
message again then you know what program is causing
this error message.
Dll stands for "Dynamic Link Library", and these files
are used by Windows applications. Windows does have
its own DLL files for applications to use, but often
programs that are designed to run on a Windows
operating system have their own DLL files incorporated
in them. Sometimes, programs can share a dll file, and
if you uninstall a program that uses a shared dll file
and that file gets deleted during the uninstall, then
the other program that needs that file to run won't be
able to find it, and that's when you will see a
message like the one you are getting. This is not a
critical error and most often you can still continue
to load windows without a problem. A problem may occur
though when you try to run the program that needs that
deleted file. One way to fix the problem is to remove
the program from your startup, this way it won't try
to run when you boot up and load Windows so it won't
look for that dll file, but you would have to know
what the program is. You can remove a program from
startup in 2 ways. One is to go Start/Run, and type
msconfig in the box and then click OK. When the
msconfig box opens click on the Startup tab, then look
in the list for the program you want to remove and
uncheck its box. You will have to reboot. Another way
to do it, and in my opinion, the best way, is to go
into the program's preferences and disable its startup
option in there. This is important to do because if
you remove a program using the msconfig method, but
the program has its own startup option in the
preferences and it is enabled, it will keep putting
itself back into your startup no matter how many times
you remove it in msconfig. So what you can do is, if
you think Quicken is the culprit here, remove it from
the startup using either one of the methods above,
then reboot your system. If the message doesn't
return, your problem is solved and you can always
reinstall quicken and it will put that missing dll
file back.