Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:56:09 -0600
Bill writes:

<<My Windows 98 Computer has been
crashing more often the last month or two>>

Bill--

I've generally found  Regclean safe, but I don't think it does a lot.  Just
looks for orphaned entries, and maybe a few other things, but won't do much
to revive a corrupt registry.

Best thing to do when your computer starts misbehaving is to restore the
registry from a known good copy made well before the troubles started.

Closing, or even worse, powering off after a crash, seems to exacerbate any
registry corruptions, unless you are meticulous in restarting in Safe Mode
every time, and even that won't always help.

I replace my registry every 2 or 3 months as a matter of course, and that
has kept this computer running pretty well for over 3 years now without any
major drama such as reformatting.

A  more drastic step might be to uninstall Windows and do a fresh
reinstall.  You could first try reinstalling "over the top" if you like,
but that rarely seems to have much lasting effect.  The trouble with doing
that is that you only essentially get your old registry back again, warts
and all.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://members.xoom.com/donpen.1/
A horrible mixture of fractals, poetry, and free icons.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html